Monday, 23 March 2015

Choose to Start


A new beginning is with something or someone very close to your heart. You enjoy the company and every moment becomes special. The first bike is better to ride than a ride on a luxury bike. The first vacation to a small hill station with friends is worth more memories than a Goa trip. First bicycle ride with those stumbling hands is more heartening than the hands on the steering of a sedan.


My first smartphone was Moto-E. I never kept care of my cellphones so screen touch mobiles was not for me. I bought one, when I came to Bangalore and started earning. Damaging it would not hurt much because it would be from my own salary. Its been 8 months and there is not a single scratch on the phone. May be the first smartphone is indeed special. I still remember using Google maps for the first time on it and how I was fascinated by the app. I would love to wander and get lost and then find my way out without any one's help.

Motorola has got an awesome range of affordable smartphones with surprisingly amazing features for their price. When I heard that they would be launching Moto-E (2nd Gen), I have kept my ears open ever since.

The most important feature they have added is the front camera. The whole world going crazy over the selfie pictures, I had to wait for some friend to take one. The cost remaining the same as it was of my earlier phone, with this feature added, I would just show off the cool gadget. Even the back camera has got the focus feature added which was being deeply missed in earlier version.

Src : http://www.inewmedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/501ffaae9b1a0477f75898926fe0708c.jpg

The ROM is extended to 8 GB and processor upgraded to Quad core. It means, you can store more apps, music and games. While trying to download an e-commerce app my mobile recently flashed low memory message. With the bigger memory chunk allotted I would download bigger size games and run them smoothly. Games don't work well if kept in the memory card. A simple and common game like subway surfer takes 200 MB space if cache is stored along. 

Src : http://blog.laptopmag.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/games.jpg

Loving to play games, it would hurt when the memory option stayed on red color. But, with the new Moto-E, my friends would have to work hard to beat my score. 

With the announcement of LTE in one of the versions it would enhance the surfing experience. Its the best example of stating that expensive is not always the best. Its sleek, stylish, light and cool to flash in crowd. The screen size is good enough to see videos and is comfortable in jeans pocket. 

Being the proud owner of the previous version of it, I have high expectation from it and rate it 9/10. 

The full feature list is her for someone who has mised it :--

  • 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 with the Adreno 306 GPu at 400MHz
  • 4.5” qHD IPS (540×960) at 245 PPI with Gorilla Glass 3
  • 129 X 66.8 X 5.2-12.3 mm
  • 145 Grams (5.11Ounces)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 8 GB storage options (also includes a Micro SD expansion slot up to 32GB)
  • 2390mAh battery
  • 5 MP Back Camera / VGA for the Front
  • Android L 5.0.2 with some Moto Enhancements
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Connectivity:
    • GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    • UMTS/HSPA+ (900, 2100 MHz)
      4G LTE (1, 3, 7, 20) T-Mobile and ATT in the US is a go.
Do have a look at the interesting website they created - http://www.startwithmotoe.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment